Rules of Play for Catch the Ace Electronic Raffle
1. Hospice Niagara’s Catch the Ace lottery will take place from Thursday, October 27, 2022 (first draw) for the duration of up to 52 weeks. Tickets will be available for purchase until 3:00 p.m. on each draw date, commencing on Thursday, October 20, 2022. The Weekly Raffle winning number will be announced on catchtheaceniagara.ca on Thursdays at approximately 3:30 p.m. following the draw.
2. Draw Dates:
- Thursday, October 27, 2022
- Thursday, November 3, 2022
- Thursday, November 10, 2022
- Thursday, November 17, 2022
- Thursday, November 24, 2022
- Thursday, December 1, 2022
- Thursday, December 8, 2022
- Thursday, December 15, 2022
- Thursday, December 22, 2022
- Thursday, December 29, 2022
- Thursday, January 5, 2023
- Thursday, January 12, 2023
- Thursday, January 19, 2023
- Thursday, January 26, 2023
- Thursday, February 2, 2023
- Thursday, February 9, 2023
- Thursday, February 16, 2023
- Thursday, February 23, 2023
- Thursday, March 2, 2023
- Thursday, March 9, 2023
- Thursday, March 16, 2023
- Thursday, March 23, 2023
- Thursday, March 30, 2023
- Thursday, April 6, 2023
- Thursday, April 13, 2023
- Thursday, April 20, 2023
- Thursday, April 27, 2023
- Thursday, May 4, 2023
- Thursday, May 11, 2023
- Thursday, May 18, 2023
- Thursday, May 25, 2023
- Thursday, June 1, 2023
- Thursday, June 8, 2023
- Thursday, June 15, 2023
- Thursday, June 22, 2023
- Thursday, June 29, 2023
- Thursday, July 6, 2023
- Thursday, July 13, 2023
- Thursday, July 20, 2023
- Thursday, July 27, 2023
- Thursday, August 3, 2023
- Thursday, August 10, 2023
- Thursday, August 17, 2023
- Thursday, August 24, 2023
- Thursday, August 31, 2023
- Thursday, September 7, 2023
- Thursday, September 14, 2023
- Thursday, September 21, 2023
- Thursday, September 28, 2023
- Thursday, October 5, 2023
- Thursday, October 12, 2023
- Thursday, October 19, 2023
3. Tickets are available at the following bundle prices:
- 3 tickets for $10
- 10 tickets for $20
- 50 tickets for $50
4. There is no limit to the number of tickets available.
About the Raffle, Prizes and Winners
5. Prior to the first Weekly Raffle one deck of 52 digital playing cards will be placed into individual digital envelopes randomly numbered 1 to 52 inclusive and will be on display online at: catchtheaceniagara.ca.
6. The winning Catch the Ace card shall be noted as the Ace of Spades.
7. Tickets will be sold using an electronic raffle systems supplied by the BUMP Worldwide INC gaming system an approved vendor of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
8. Weekly Raffle tickets will be available online at catchtheaceniagara.ca.
9. During the online checkout process, the customer shall select an envelope number from the remaining Catch the Ace Raffle envelopes. This shall denote the purchasers’ selected envelope to be opened should their Weekly Raffle number be selected as the Weekly Raffle winner.
10. Ticket purchases shall be made by Credit Card, Visa Debit/MasterCard Debit as well as accelerated checkout (Google Pay/Apple Pay/Shop Pay). No cash or cheque will be accepted as a form of payment.
11. The Catch the Ace Raffle consists of 2 raffles:
11.1 A Weekly Raffle consisting of 20% of gross weekly sales.
11.2 A Progressive Catch the Ace Raffle consisting of 30% of gross weekly sales plus any carry over of previous weeks’ Catch the Ace Raffle Jackpot.
12. If the transaction is approved, the ticket purchaser will receive a confirmation message with an order ID on the web page. An email confirmation will be sent to the customer with order ID, product description and payment information. A secondary email (shipping confirmation) will be sent to the purchaser including all of the information in the confirmation e-mail along with the raffle ticket(s) containing their raffle number(s) and envelope selection.
13. The Weekly Raffle winning ticket number will be selected by a Random Number Generation (RNG) system from all raffle numbers sold for that Weekly Raffle.
14. The Weekly Raffle winner shall be awarded the Weekly Raffle prize amount stipulate in (11.1)
15. The Electronic Raffle System shall digitally open the Weekly Raffle winner’s selected envelope number.
i) Should that digital envelope contain the designated winning card noted in (6), the Weekly Raffle winner shall also be awarded the Catch the Ace Raffle prize and the Raffle is concluded.
ii) Should the envelope NOT contain the designated winning card noted in (6):
a. The card and envelope number in the envelope are removed from being a valid selection from future Weekly Raffles
b. The current Weekly Raffle is complete; a new Weekly Raffle shall commence at the appropriate licensed time with the Catch the Ace Raffle Jackpot carrying over.
16. The estimated amount of the Weekly Raffle Prize and the Progressive Jackpot Prize will be shown on catchtheaceniagara.ca.
17. The winning ticket, prize amount, and playing card will be announced on catchtheaceniagara.ca following each weekly draw.
18. Once a weekly draw is complete, tickets included in that specific week’s draw are no longer valid and ticket sales for the next week’s draw will commence.
19. All winners shall be contacted by the telephone and/or e-mail address provided during the ticket purchase checkout process.
20. All prizes are to be paid by cheque and must be accepted as awarded.
21. The Weekly Raffle ticket holder has six (6) months in which to claim their prize from the date of the draw their ticket was purchased for.
22. When a winning ticket is presented, the winner must: provide 1 piece of Government Issued ID proving their age to be over 18, complete Hospice Niagara’s Catch the Ace Prize Claim Form and provide printed and/or digital copy of the winning ticket.
23. If a winner cannot provide photo ID, then the winning proceeds will be held until such identification can be provided or the six month time period to claim a prize is expired as outlined in item 21.
24. Should there be any dispute over the identity of the purchaser of a winning ticket, the issue will be forwarded to the AGCO and appropriate authorities for guidance.
25. In the event that no winner comes forward, funds will be held for six months. After that time period has elapsed the prize will be dispersed appropriately with the approval of the AGCO.
26. When a Weekly Draw cannot be held at the designated draw time for any reason, such draw shall be held as soon as possible in the reasonable determination of Hospice Niagara and with the approval of the AGCO.
27. The following individuals, and all of their immediate family members residing in the same household, are prohibited from ordering tickets:
• Hospice Niagara’s Board of Directors
• Hospice Niagara’s Audit and Finance Committee members
• Employees of Hospice Niagara
• BUMP, A Division of CBN staff directly involved in Hospice Niagara’s Catch the Ace
28. Participants must be at least 18 years of age. Tickets cannot be ordered in the name of a minor.
29. Tickets must be ordered within the province of Ontario. Only a ticket purchaser that is physically located in Ontario may purchase tickets online at catchtheaceniagara.ca.
30. Only tickets that have been paid for and have been verified as paid for are eligible to be entered for the respective Weekly Draw.
31. In order to qualify for a chance to win the Catch the Ace Raffle, patrons must purchase a ticket for the current Weekly Draw.
32. By purchasing a ticket in Hospice Niagara’s Catch the Ace Raffle, the purchaser acknowledges that they have read, understood, and agreed to these rules. All inquiries regarding the conduct, chance of winning, prizing or procedures of lotteries are to be made to Hospice Niagara prior to the purchase of a ticket.
33. All orders will be processed and fulfilled using the BUMP Worldwide INC gaming system platform. In the event of any discrepancy, the records of BUMP Worldwide INC shall be deemed correct and final.
34. Hospice Niagara is responsible for the conduct and management of the raffle. The liability of the licensee shall be limited to the purchase price of the ticket. AGCO License # RAF1282420
35. All prize winners agree to have their name and prize information publicized by Hospice Niagara following the draw.
36. By claiming a prize, the winner consents to the use of their photograph, first and last name, ticket number, city/town of residence and the audio/video recording (or written transcription) of the winner notification telephone call/email, for any publicity purposes by Hospice Niagara.
37. Hospice Niagara respects the privacy of its ticket buyers. We do not sell, rent, or trade our supporter lists. The information collected is used to process raffle ticket purchases, keep our supporters informed about our events, and ask for their support in future fundraising efforts.
38. If at any time you wish to be excluded from our contact lists, email us at email@example.com or call 905-984-8766.
Ontario Problem Gaming Helpline 1-888-230-3505