About the Draw
1. What is a Catch the Ace raffle?
Catch the Ace is a progressive raffle lottery is a multiple-draw game in which participants purchase tickets for a chance to win:
- A percentage of the proceeds from the sale of tickets from the weekly draw
- The draw winner also gets a chance to win a progressive (cumulative) jackpot by selecting a card from a standard deck of 52 playing cards.
2. How does Hospice Niagara’s Catch the Ace Raffle work?
The Hospice Niagara’s Catch the Ace Raffle Tickets consists of both a weekly prize and a larger progressive jackpot - with 50% of all tickets sales going to Hospice Niagara.
When you purchase tickets, you will also pick an envelope that might contain the Ace of Spades. If your ticket number is chosen, you will win 20% of that week’s ticket sales – and if your card in the envelope is the Ace of Spades, you will win the Catch the Ace Progressive Jackpot. If the Ace of Spades is not chosen, the progressive jackpot grows and that card selected is removed from the deck, increasing the chances of catching the ace next week.
Weekly draws continue until the Ace of Spades is caught!
3.How are the Weekly Prize and Progressive Jackpot determined and won?
The Weekly Prize is 20% of ticket sales collected during a specific draw week. The Catch the Ace Progressive Jackpot is 30% of all ticket sales collected over the course of the multi-week campaign.
The weekly Raffle prize is determined by an automatic number generator. The Progressive is chosen by you, so if the Random Number Generator picks your raffle number, we will open the envelope you selected to see if the Ace is in it.
4. Where does the other 50% of the proceeds raised go?
The other 50% of the proceeds raised go directly to Hospice Niagara.
To learn more about Hospice Niagara and our programs, please visit http://www.hospiceniagara.ca/.
5. What are the odds of winning?
Odds of winning the Weekly Prize draw will depend on the number of tickets sold that week. The odds of selecting the envelope containing the Ace of Spades starts at 1 in 52, and the odds improve progressively with the removal of envelopes each week containing a card that is not the Ace of Spades.
6. How is the winning number drawn?
A unique winning number is randomly generated and issued out of the numbers purchased online for that particular week by the electronic Catch the Ace System. The mechanism for selecting the winning number is a computer-based random number generator that has been certified by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
7. When is the deadline for the Hospice Niagara Catch the Ace Lottery ticket sales?
Weekly sales will be cut off at 3:00 p.m. every Thursday. If the Ace of Spades is not caught during that draw, sales for the following week will commence by 3:30 p.m. the same day.
8. When is the winning number drawn and posted?
Hospice Niagara’s Catch the Ace draw takes place every Thursday at 3:00 p.m. Once the winning Catch the Ace ticket number has been drawn, you can find it and the prize amount displayed online at approximately 3:30 p.m. on Hospice Niagara Catch the Ace website: catchtheaceniagara.ca
9.What is Hospice Niagara’s Catch the Ace Lottery License Number?
Hospice Niagara’s Catch the Ace Lottery License number is RAF1349834, as provided by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
9. Do I need to live in Ontario to purchase tickets?
You do not need to live in the province of Ontario to purchase a Catch the Ace ticket, but you do need to be physically located within the province of Ontario at the time of purchase of your online Catch the Ace ticket to be eligible to play.
10.Who is eligible to buy Catch the Ace draw tickets?
If you meet the following criteria, you are eligible to purchase Catch the Ace draw tickets:
- Must be 18 years of age or older at the time of purchase
- Must be located in the Province of Ontario at time of purchase
The following individuals, and all of their immediate family members residing in the same household, are prohibited from ordering tickets:
- Hospice Niagara’s Board of Directors
- Hospice Niagara’s Audit and Finance Committee members
- Employees of Hospice Niagara
- BUMP Worldwide INC. staff directly involved in Hospice Niagara’s Catch the Ace
Note: Prior to the purchase of a ticket online, you will be required to verify your eligibility and that the information is complete and accurate.
Tickets & Digital Envelopes
11. How much do Hospice Niagara Catch the Ace tickets cost?
- 3 tickets for $10
- 10 tickets for $20
- 50 tickets for $50
Our online Catch the Ace website accepts the following payment types: Credit Card, Visa Debit/MasterCard Debit as well as accelerated checkout (Google Pay/Apple Pay/Shop Pay).
No cash or cheque will be accepted as a form of payment
13. Can I buy more than once in a draw?
Yes, you can purchase more than one ticket per week or draw.
14. Why is there a limit to the number of ticket bundles I can buy per order?
While there is no limit to the number of tickets you may buy, the lottery program has a limit of fifteen bundles per order (five of each bundle). If you would like to order more bundles, a separate order is required.
15. Can I buy tickets that qualify for more than one weekly draw?
Tickets may only be purchased for the upcoming weekly draw. Ticket subscriptions and multiple week purchases are not permitted by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
16. Can I select an envelope for each ticket in my order or just one envelope per order?
One envelope is selected for each ticket order. Players wishing to select multiple envelopes can place several ticket orders and select a different envelope for each order.
17. Why do I have to select one of the remaining digital envelopes?
Each of the digital envelopes contains a hidden playing card and the Catch the Ace Progressive Jackpot will be won by the ticket holder who wins the Weekly Prize draw and selects the envelope containing the Ace of Spades. Every ticket order must include a selected envelope.
18. How does Hospice Niagara generate tickets and materials?
All aspects of Hospice Niagara’s Catch the Ace lottery are managed using a digital platform, or software program, that has been approved by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
There are no paper generated materials during this lottery. Everything is digital, including:
- Tickets and ticket distribution
- Envelopes containing playing cards
- Draw process and management
19. My ticket includes a ‘Device’ and ‘Event’ number. What do these numbers represent?
The Event number is a system identifier for the draw and does not relate to your tickets or the week for which you tickets are valid. The date of the draw is listed on your ticket. The Device number relates to the technical method through which the ticket purchase was made.
20. I am trying to order my ticket. Why isn't it going through?
You must be located in the province of Ontario when ordering a ticket. Please ensure your location services are enabled so your location can be confirmed by the raffle program. See below Technical help to help you make sure your locations are on.
21. Why haven't I received my ticket confirmation email?
Your email might have been diverted to your junk, spam or promotions folder. Once you locate the email, mark this as "not junk" or a safe sender so email from Hospice Niagara Catch the Ace will be directed to your inbox.
Prizes & Winners
22. How do I claim my prize?
All winners will receive a telephone call/email with instructions on how to claim their prize. Prizes must be claimed within six (6) months of the prize draw.
Please note: Online ticket sales must be claimed by the individual named in the original purchase transaction. Hospice Niagara is not responsible for any division of the winning prize amount to any other party other than the individual named in original purchase transaction.
23. How will the winner be notified?
All winners will be notified by telephone and/or email as to their win and how to claim their prize. All winning ticket numbers and prize amounts will be posted on Hospice Niagara’ Catch the Ace website by 3:30 p.m. every Thursday. Prizes will be awarded to the registered ticket buyer.
24. Is there a guaranteed winner every week?
Each week of the lottery, the Weekly Prize will be awarded to one winner. The Weekly Prize is 20% of all ticket sales collected during that week of play.
25. Do I win a prize if I selected the same envelope as the Weekly Prize winner, and it contains the Ace of Spades?
Only the holder of the Weekly Prize-winning ticket is eligible to win the Catch the Ace Progressive Jackpot. Any given week, numerous ticketholders could select the same envelope number when buying their tickets.
Website and Orders
26. I cannot access www.catchtheaceniagara.ca - What should I do?
As per Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario regulations – please be advised that you must be located within the province of Ontario at the time of your purchase. Your device’s locations services must be turned on to verify your location prior to entry to the online Catch the Ace sales platform. Users must also agree to all Terms and Conditions outlined.
27. I purchased a Catch the Ace ticket but did not get my numbers. What should I do?
If you purchased your Catch the Ace ticket but did not receive your numbers, please check your junk or spam folders in the event it was flagged by your email provider. If you still do not have your Catch the Ace ticket, contact email@example.com and our support staff will re-send you your ticket numbers (some verification will be required). If your transaction completed successfully, your numbers will still be part of the draw.
28.I cannot access the caththeaceniagara.ca website. How should I proceed?
Per AGCO regulations – you must be located within the province of Ontario at the time of your ticket purchase. Your device’s locations services must be turned on to verify your location prior to entering the Lottery website. Users must also agree to all Terms and Conditions outlined prior to entering.
29. Why is my location required for the caththeaceniagara.ca website?
Per AGCO regulations – you must be located within the province of Ontario at the time of your ticket purchase. Your current location will confirm your eligibility.
30. What if I purchased my tickets, but I haven’t received them at my email address?
- Please check you junk mail or spam folders in your email account. If there, select “not junk mail/spam” and for future ticket purchases, these should go directly into your main inbox.
- Often simple spelling errors can easily occur when typing in details during the check-out process. You are responsible for entering your contact information in accurately. If you have not received your tickets within 24 hours, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org retrieve your information and to send it to the correct address.
31. Will my name be publicized if I am a winner?
In accordance with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) regulations, winner information must be collected and provided to the AGCO, including ticket number, full name and contact information.
Winner information may also be published to the Hospice Niagara Catch the Ace Lottery website. By claiming a prize, winner consents to the use of their photograph, first and last name, ticket number, city/town of residence and the audio/video recording (or written transcription) of the winner notification telephone call, for any publicity purposes by Hospice Niagara. Winner information may be released to the news media and may be used in advertising for the Hospice Niagara’s Catch the Ace advertisement, or Hospice Niagara’s future events.
32. I think I, or someone I know, may have a problem with gambling. What should I do?
Hospice Niagara promotes responsible gaming at all times. If you are looking for help or advice about problem gambling, please visit: www.problemgamblinghelpine.ca or contact the Ontario Problem Gambling Help Line/Free Health Services Information at 1-888-230-3505.